The Boerne Opera House
Built in 1888 with opera being the popular entertainment of the times. As vaudeville (comedic acts, song and dance/burlesque) became popular the Opera House became a vaudeville stage and was renamed the Plaza Theatre. As the "talkie" pictures became popular vaudeville faded and the Opera House became a movie theater. In 1966 the Opera House was torn down and the Ebner Pharmacy built their shop there. This photo (1910) shows the Boerne Gesang Verein singing club - that was begun to compliment the Boerne German band.
Click here to view Today's Five