Guadalupe Post Office - Est 1874
Ever heard of the Guadalupe Post Office…nobody has, even the old timers who were once with us never got it right as to location and postmaster. It opened in 1874 in the home of Charles Wenzel. Here is a small portion of the postal map that was part of the submission process. At the time Charles owned two adjacent 160 acre parcels in eastern Kendall County along the Guadalupe River (hence the name) in what is now the WaterStone subdivision. His neighboring post offices were few…Curry’s Creek was the closest in Kendall County, Spring Branch in Comal County. Charles ran the Guadalupe Post Office for 5 years.
Click here to view Today's Five